Thursday, November 4, 2010

Feels Like An Eternity

Almost three months have gone by and not much has changed, aside from the fact that I am now a married woman! Woo hoo! I am married to my best friend so that's pretty much the coolest feeling in the world. Every day, no matter how shitty it is, it still is not as bad as respectively the same day, last year. We are husband and wife and that's just really awesome.

On a side note, it seems as though no one has grown up or listened to anything he and I have said. Of course this pertains to the individuals I have written about previously, namely back in August. See, he and I thought that we would say our piece and people would realize that they were acting like raging lunatics. Funny how assuming still makes an ass out of "u" and "me", right honey? Well, ha-frickin-ha to us!

It seems also as though no one gives a shit what he (my husband) and I feel. Getting married was just an excuse to try and play the "1up" card and show others what you can get away with without actually giving much effort. Well bravo for a job well done. While I was super excited on my wedding day to marry my best friend and have my closest family and friends around me, there were so many ridiculous things that should not have happened that day, that I will never forgive as long as I live.

Frankly, I do not care who tells me to "let it go" or "it's not the end of the world." Obviously it is not the end of the world that my mother and I went out of our way to make someone feel special because their SON wanted them included in certain things, photos, wedding set-up, blah blah blah, and they basically gave us a giant middle finger. Obviously that's not the actual END OF THE WORLD. It's also not the end of the world that particular people have gone out of their way to "show their guests that they will be the most beautiful woman at their son's wedding"... please keep in mind that it's the friggin BRIDE and GROOM'S DAY you crazy person!

Again, it's not the end of the world if for this one day, the two individuals (myself and the groom) who are supposed to have called all the shots and have all the attention on them and be able to say and do what they want for just one quick day, have asked that the bridal party, including all attendants, to dress as though they are mirroring the "roaring 20's" era-ish. The bride wore a dress inspired by the 1920's, the groom was stunning in a 3-piece gray tuxedo, groomsmen in matching gray tuxedo's with slick red and black ties, the mother of the bride was wearing a very elegant but certainly not over-the-top ensemble that was mature and fashionable, certainly not anything out of the ordinary for a simple and classic afternoon wedding surrounded by trees and lanterns and pumpkins. Nevermind all that... you know what would really NOT be the end of the world? (Please note sarcastic tone) If the mother of the groom wore a fucking Cinderella gown, much more fancy that the damn wedding gown, with Gotti sequence up and down the very revealing opening for her breasts, all the while, her prom-date inspired husband got to wear the damn blue friggin vest and tie to match Cinderella! Hoorah for them! They got what they wanted no matter what their SON asked them to do. That's just it. They did it to spite ME but it was not ME who asked them. It was YOUR SON. We agreed that wanted the fathers to wear black tuxedo's. Next in line and first choice of color is the mother of the bride, THEN the mother of the groom. Nowhere in the "guides for brides" does it say "it's not right to allow the mother of the bride to wear black and silver if the mother of the groom cannot match their husband/date". Who gives a shit? It is never about you, loony-toon. It is always about the couple. They are getting married, despite your need for attention at every god-damn corner.

BTW - Just for the record, I absolutely LOVE the fact that you look like a giant moron. It ALMOST makes up for the fact that you've treated me like shit behind AND in front of your sons back for the last 2 years. I wish one day he would come to see all of the things you have said to me but I will spare him all of those details because you are his mother and he deserves better than that. It gives me great satisfaction knowing that one day, your true "face" will be seen by him, make-up and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment